Bad Hofgastein in Austria
Cultural diversity and athletic highlights
Where is Bad Hofgastein?
Located at Gastein Valley’s widest and sunniest section, you can find the most charming village of the holiday region. Bad Hofgastein not only boasts a unique atmosphere, but is also known for its cultural diversity, its many athletic highlights and traditional hospitality. Classical concerts, guided hikes or relaxed swimming fun – Bad Hofgastein is a holiday destination for all tastes.
Bad Hofgastein in a nutshell
- approximately 7,000 inhabitants
- renowned health and winter sports resort
- Gastein Valley’s historic hub
- Medieval centre of gold and silver mining
Bad Hofgastein in summer
A getaway for all senses – no matter if you’re on a family hike through the breathtaking mountain world or listening to traditional music at the Concert:Summer event series. Bad Hofgastein is the perfect summer getaway to recharge your batteries for the challenges of everyday life. Our tip: Take a break at one of the many traditional mountain huts and sample the region’s most delicious treats!
Even more summer highlights in Bad Hofgastein at a glance
- Via ferrata: Looking for a thrill? Climbing fans love to tackle the fixed rope routes of the Schlossalm.
- Mountain summer: Soak up the breathtaking mountain views during a circular hike.
- Rock trail: Marvel at the unique rock formations along the famous rock trail!
Bad Hofgastein in winter
You’re looking for a winter holiday full of fun and action? Then Bad Hofgastein is just the place for you! The freeriders‘ paradise is a hotspots for all winter sports athletes who love to explore the backcountry. From the mountain station of Kasereben cable car, a thrilling ride takes you down to Anger Valley – a feeling of absolute freedom!
And there’s more: You’re looking for a thrilling family activity? Then the 650-meter funslope on Schlossalm is the perfect choice for you! With its steep turns, tunnels and jumps and its banked and waved sections, it’s an action-fuelled highlight for the whole family!
Even more winter highlights in Bad Hofgastein at a glance
You don’t feel like skiing or snowboarding? No problem! Bad Hofgastein also offers countless off-piste adventures!
- Tobogganing: Swoop down to the valley on the Aeorplan natural toboggan run!
- Winter hiking: Enjoy the wintry beauty of the circular walk on Stubnerkogel and soak up the breathtaking views.