Dorfgastein in Austria
Dorfgastein: Sports with a view
Family holidays in the mountains of Salzburg
If you cross Gastein Valley in Salzburg from the north, the first village is Dorfgastein. The quaint holiday resort is known for its cosy atmosphere and many family activities. No matter if you’re visiting in summer or winter – Dorfgastein always awaits you with plenty of adventures!
Dorfgastein in numbers
Did you know that with 1,627 inhabitants, Dorfgastein is the smallest village of Gastein Valley? Small but nice! After all, the inviting holiday resort is also the valley’s oldest village, dating back to first documented mentions from the year 1342. Don’t miss the ruins of Klammstein Castle and the Parish Church consecrated to the patron saints of St. Rupert and St. Virgil!
What is there to do in Dorfgastein in summer?
Lush green meadows, crystal-clear mountain lakes and impressive summits: Hike through the breathtaking mountain world of Dorfgastein and discover the best trails of the region! No matter if you’re looking for a casual family hike or challenging mountain adventure – the hiking region offers something for everyone. You’re looking for a bit more action? Then how about exploring Dorfgastein with a mountain bike? Or catching a bird’s eye view of the holiday resort during a paragliding flight?
All summer highlights in Dorfgastein at a glance
- Fulseck hiking and mountain biking paradise: Hop on the cable car to the hiking and mountain biking paradise of Fulseck and enjoy plenty of thrills and spills.
- Paragliding in Dorfgastein: Enjoy Dorfgastein from a different perspective during a paragliding flight.
- Culinary treats: Sample the region’s most mouth-watering delicacies and take a break at one of the many cosy mountain huts.
Winter in Dorfgastein
You’re looking for an unforgettable winter adventure? Then Dorfgastein is just the place for you! No matter if you’re a beginner or pro, mastering your first turns or polishing your carving skills – the region’s legendary descents and beautiful slopes offer something for everyone.
All winter highlights in Dorfgastein at a glance
- Gasti Snow Park: It’s your first time on skis or a snowboard? Let the pros at Gasti Snow Park show you the ropes!
- Winter hiking: Take a relaxed winter hike and enjoy the breathtaking winter landscapes of Dorfgastein.