Information regarding covid-19
Important information to the current ski operation
Currently our ski resorts are open for you with an attractive selection of slopes. Here you can find the planned opening times of our ski areas.
Skiing is an outdoor sport and it has been proved that it is very beneficial for your health. You are outdoors in the fresh mountain air, stocking up on vitamin D and moving a lot. The upcoming winter will be a little bit different, but one thing is for sure: Ski amadé and the ski resorts will enforce all necessary measures so that as soon as we can reopen, you can experience Austria’s greatest ski paradise in the safest possible way. Additionally, we ask you kindly to respect our COVID-19 regulations, so that we can be safe together.
We will enforce all necessary measures so that you can enjoy your days of skiing in the safest possible way. Additionally, we ask you kindly to respect our COVID-19 regulations, so that we can be safe together.
Detailed information according the current travel restrictions concerning your country can be found here.
All information will be continuously updated. Last update on 19.01.2021.
The current legal regulations apply. All information is subject to change.
Corona Sicherheitsmaßnahmen für den Skibetrieb in Ski amadé
In order to guarantee the safety of all skiers, the following regulations currently apply in our ski areas:
- A FFP2 mask has to be worn permanent in all cable cars and chair lifts with a weather protection hood by everybody from the age of 14 (from the age of six a usual face mask is required).
- Moreover, there is a permanent compulsory use of face mask (FFP2) in all other carriers, at the cashier’s desk, in the ski bus and at the ski depot as while queuing at the cable cars and lifts.
- In order to guarantee everybody’s safety, the requirement to wear a face mask in the prescribed areas applies, without exception, to every guest over the age of six
- FFP2 masks can be purchased at the ski area for 2,00 Euros. A face mask suitable for winter sports (level of protection lower than FFP2) will be issued once with each ticket purchase for free.
- On the slopes a face mask is not necessary.
Currently there is no limit in number of guests in the ski areas in Gastein.
It is highly recommended to buy a ticket in advance in the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop or top up the Friends Card or the existing KeyCard. This way you can already safely store your ticket in your pocket and it also helps the lift companies to better plan and assess the volume (number of visitors).
Possible restrictions may temporarily occur in individual ski areas due to full parking spaces.
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible – Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.)
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,…) will be regularly disinfected.
Disinfection possibilities are in the toilet facilities, at the ticket office area and in the ski depots.
For closed or coverable means of transport (gondolas, cable cars, coverable chairlifts), these can only be filled to a capacity of 50% (10-seater gondola = 5 people/gondola, coverable 6-seater chairlift = 3 people/chairlift, etc.), with the exception of people living in the same household.
With mobile barrier tapes, we ensure compliance with the prescribed distance regulation in the waiting areas.
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
- All employees, who come into direct contact with customers, will wear a face mask or will be separated from the guests with a suitable safety measure (e.g. Plexiglass).
- The employees of the cable car companies are trained or instructed in Corona safety measures according to uniform guidelines and regulations.
- All employees of the lift companies will be tested for Covid-19 at the beginning of the winter season or when they are hired and then will undergo daily health checks (checking temperature, checking for symptoms). If there is any suspicion, then tests will be carried out immediately and the employees are then to immediately isolate from the company/organisation.
- The cable car companies each have one employee who is responsible for planning and implementing measures against Corona.
Maintain a minimum distance of two metres in the following areas: When queuing at the ticket offices, when queuing at the lift stations and ski bus stops, in all buildings accessible to the public. This regulation also applies if a face mask is being worn.
If, due to the number of passengers, and during boarding and leaving the lifts, and in the gondolas and lifts themselves, it is not possible to maintain a distance of at least two metres, this rule can be divated from in exceptional cases if a face mask (level of protection: FFP2 or highter) is being worn. Wearing a face mask (level of protection FFP2 or higher) is mandatory in any cases.
Without queuing at the ticket office:
- Top up an existing lift pass (KeyCard) online at the Ski amadé Ticket Shop using the 16-digit data carrier number on the back.
- Register to become part of the new my Ski amadé Friends Club and receive, besides many other benefits on holiday packages or partner company offers, a personal Friends Card, which can be used as a lift pass and can always be topped up contactless.
- If you order your lift pass at the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop via postal delivery, then you will automatically receive it through the post to your address. (takes 8-10 days)
Pick up function – with a stop at the ticket office or at the ticket machine
Order your lift pass at the Ski amadé Online Ticket Shop and select the pick up option. Use the QR code to pick up the ticket at the ticket machine (or at the cash desk).
Hotels & Accommodation
According to the press conference of the Austrian government at the 17th of January 2021 all the touristic accommodation facilities (hotels, apartments, etc.) are closed at least until the end of February. Exception: Urgent professional activities.
All information and news regarding this topic will be published here as soon as possible.
Ski huts & Gastronomy
According to the press conference of the Austrian government at the 17th of January 2021 all ski huts, restaurants and bars are closed at least until the end of February.
All information and news regarding this topic will be published here as soon as possible.
Ski School Information
Appropriate reproduction of the policy paper "Health Protection and Winter Tourism" – Concept of the Austrian Ski School Association
Currently there are only ski courses with participants from up to two different housholds possible – due to the governmental Covid-19 regulations. Which means: employee of the ski school (= first household) + one or more participant(s) from the same household (= second household).
- Keep the minimum social distancing of two meter
- A face mask must be worn if the minimum distance of two metre cannot be upheld, e.g. for absolutely necessary assistance during snow sports lessons or for assistance after falls (to get up etc.).
- Registration of the ski school guests in accordance with the data protection regulations is required (as it was in the years before).
- If possible, courses should be booked online
- When using cable cars, the regulations of the lift companies must be observed
- Groups will be selected, meeting places will be chosen tob e as spacious as possible and course schedules will be planned as far as possible in advance to avoid large group gatherings.
- Ski schools and other related rooms, such as warming-up rooms, as well as teaching aids and tools, toys etc. will be disinfected more times a day, depending upon usage
- Employees of the ski schools are trained and instructed in Corona safety measures according to uniform guidelines and regulations.
- Snow sports instructors who arrive from abroad must present a negative SARS-COV2 test to the ski school owner upon arrival. Regular SARS-COV2 testing of snow sport instructors and staff who have contact with ski school guests is planned.
- At the children’s adventure world, toddlers are taught – this means keeping the social distance is not possible. Therefore, the snow sports instructors will wear a face mask, which is suitable for snow sports in order to be able to implement safety measures as quickly as possible.
- Please inform yourself in advance with regards to the specific measure on the respective website of the ski schools. In any case, there will be hygienic measures fitting to the age of the children to keep everybody as safe as possible.
General corona measures in Austria
All contents of this page have been compiled in the best of the editor's knowledge and belief. All contents and information may be subject to alterations. State regulations form the legal basis for operation. Information and material regarding protective measures have been provided by the Austrian Chamber of Commerce – Division Ropeways.