Journey to Gastein
- From/passing Munich approx. 2 hours
- From/passing Salzburg approx. 1 hour: Tauern Motorway southerly direction until reaching Bischofshofen, Gasteinertal Valley exit.
- From/passing Innsbruck approx. 2 hours: Motorway passing Wörgl, then the Bundesstraße (main road) 312 passing St.Johann/Tirol until Lofer, Bundesstraße 311 then passing Zell am See until reaching Lend, Bundesstraße 167 to Gastein or the motorway - Kufstein - Salzburg - Villach, leaving at the Gasteinertal Valley exit, then the Bundesstraße (main road) 167 to the Gasteinertal Valley.
- From the south pass by Villach, Möllbrücke and Obervellach to Mallnitz and then you can reach the Gastein easily by car rail.
- You can find a direct routing via Google Maps here:
At the parking lot of the Schlossalmbahn valley station there are 11 charging stations* for electric vehicles. The charging stations are distributed across all levels of the parking deck.
- 4 charging stations on level 0
- 2 charging stations on level 1
- 2 charging stations on level 2
- 15 charging stations Schlossalm parking lot (up from winter season 2023/24)
Angertal ski center
3 charging stations on the middle level in the parking deck
There are three charging options:
- Loading with an RFID card
- Charge with smartphone and APP
- Charging with smartphone and direct payment (Visa, Mastercard, Paypal)
- The standard tariff is EUR 0.48 per kWh.
- A minimum turnover of 3.84 euros applies to direct payment.
- In the case of existing charging contracts with third-party providers, the tariffs according to the third-party providers apply.
As with other charging stations, you have to bring your own charging cable. The Salzburg AG hotline is available for questions or problems. The telephone number (0800 660 660) is noted on the charging stations.
Intercity trains as well as fast and express trains stop at Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein stations and the station in Dorfgastein. There are many taxis and bus connections to all parts of the villages. The next car carrying train loading point is at the station in Bischofshofen. A, to and fro taxi shuttle service handles the transfer of luggage.
- ÖBB "Klimaticket" holders receive -15% on the day ski pass of the Gastein mountain railroads.
This Discount is only available at the cash desks of the Gastein mountain railroads
(Schlossalm, Angertal, Stubnerkogel, Graukogel, Sportgastein).
Train in ski out!
- Directly from the train to the ski area Schlossalm-Angertal-Stubnerkogel!
- The Bad Gastein station is located immediately next to the Stubnerkogelbahn’s valley station.
- Book the ÖBB Wintersport Kombiticket Gastein here! (inkluding skipass and train ticket)
The nearest airports are Salzburg and Munich. Taxi transfers from and to the Gasteinertal Valley.
By Public Transport
Free public travel from all over Salzburg in combination with a valid ski pass of the Gastein mountain railroads.
Up from the winter season start 2023/24 skiing guests have the opportunity to travel for free with public transport to the skiing areas of Skigastein and back. The free travel ticket can be downloaded using the ski pass number (multi day ski passes) or booking number (ski pass purchase in the webshop) and is valid for one day.
- * The SVV Event Ticket can be used in printed form or as a PDF on your mobile phone in conjunction with a photo ID when traveling with public transport Salzburg to the ski areas of the Gastein mountain railroads as a ticket. This ticket is free of charge in conjunction with a valid ski pass of the Gasteiner mountain railroads and when pursuing winter sports.
- The free travel ticket is valid with the following ski tickets: 3 hours ticket, from 12/2 p.m. ticket, day ticket, multi day ski pass, touring ski ticket, the Ski amadé All-IN Card White and the SuperSkiCard.
- You need a ski pass first?
Book your ski ticket now at skigastein.skiperformance.com