Journey to Gastein
- From/passing Munich approx. 2 hours
- From/passing Salzburg approx. 1 hour: Tauern Motorway southerly direction until reaching Bischofshofen, Gasteinertal Valley exit.
- From/passing Innsbruck approx. 2 hours: Motorway passing Wörgl, then the Bundesstraße (main road) 312 passing St.Johann/Tirol until Lofer, Bundesstraße 311 then passing Zell am See until reaching Lend, Bundesstraße 167 to Gastein or the motorway - Kufstein - Salzburg - Villach, leaving at the Gasteinertal Valley exit, then the Bundesstraße (main road) 167 to the Gasteinertal Valley.
- From the south pass by Villach, Möllbrücke and Obervellach to Mallnitz and then you can reach the Gastein easily by car rail.
- You can find a direct routing via Google Maps here:
Both Euro and Intercity trains as well as fast and express trains stop at Bad Hofgastein and Bad Gastein stations, but not all trains stop at the station in Dorfgastein. There are many taxis and bus connections to all parts of the villages. The next car carrying train loading point is at the station in Bischofshofen. A, to and fro taxi shuttle service handles the transfer of luggage.
The nearest airports are Salzburg and Munich. Taxi transfers from and to the Gasteinertal Valley.
By Public Transport